INFLUENCE OF UKRAIN ON PATIENTS WITH SURGICALLY TREATED BREAST CANCER (INTRODUCTORY REMARKS)
UGLYANICA K.N.1, FOMIN K.A.1, NEFYODOV L.I.2, NOWICKY J.W.3, BRZOSKO W.J.4*, JANKOWSKI A.5
1) Medical Institute, Grodno, Belarus.
2) Institute of Biochemistry, Belarussian Academy of Sciences, Grodno, Belarus.
3) Ukrainian Anti-Cancer Institute, Vienna, Austria.
4) Roch Brzosko Memorial Centre for Natural Medicine, Willowa 8/10, 00-790 Warsaw, Poland.
5) Clinic of Developmental Age Immunology, Medical Academy Wroclaw, Poland.
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Summary: Studies were undertaken to evaluate the influence of Ukrain on the postoperative period in patients with breast cancer. The group under Ukrain medication was comprised of 10 patients in stage T1-3NO-1MO. The control group was comprised of 22 patients in the same clinical and laboratory staging as those treated with Ukrain. In the first year of postoperative follow-up, metastatic lymph nodes were observed in one patient from the control group. It is planned to enlarge the groups and to continue the observation up to the third year to obtain reliable and more statistically significant data.